Monday, November 24, 2008

Here's your first action step to a Positive Pregnancy Mindset


How are you feeling today?

Not too bad? Or are you a little nauseous and tired?

Even if you are feeling pretty good right now, chances are that you won't wake up feeling like that every day of your pregnancy and this is where things can start to go off track pretty quickly.

No matter how good your intentions are, I'm sure you've already had the odd day where you've used the fact that you're pregnant as an excuse to skip your workout, skip a meal here and there or pig out on junk food that you'd never normally touch - I did exactly the same! But what I rapidly found out was that these little slip-ups were making me feel a lot worse in the long-run. Sure, I'd have a temporary sugar high, or an extra 20 minutes to veg out on the sofa,but I felt ten times worse because of it!

It didn't take me long to figure out that it was my mindset that needed focussing. If I was to have a great pregnancy and stay fit, healthy and looking and feeling amazing all the way through, I needed something to keep me thinking in my pregnancy mindset.

So I started my vision board.

(Here's where your pictures and cutouts come into play :0) )

I want you to create a mental picture of your perfect pregnancy.

Think about:
what you will eat,
how you will look and feel,
how you will dress,
how much energy you will have,
the exercise you are doing every week,
what people are saying about you...

Now I want you to take all those pictures that you found that represent your perfect pregnancy and stick them up somewhere where you can see them frequently every day. Maybe your fridge at home, or your desk at work?

You can add to this collection whenever you feel like, with pictures, quotes, recipes - whatever you like really, but use it to remind you every day just why you are going to eat well or spend 15 minutes exercising, instead of reaching for the tv remote and ice-cream instead! It's a very simple but effective tool to keep you on track even when you are feeling like hiding under the duvet and telling the world to go away!

You'll also be creating a valuable keepsake that you can one day show to your child to show him/her just how much love and care you put into them from the very start!

No comments: